jueves, 18 de octubre de 2007

The Swedish Thing

Last night we went out with some of my favorite people in the whole world, the Swedish girls I met in Chile last summer. We went to Niceto Club (5510 Niceto Vega in Palermo.) I don't know if it was the American dj, Diplo, or if Niceto is always like this, but it was overflowing with expats and tourists. The only ones speaking Spanish (it seemed) were behind the bar.
The club itself was nice enough, good music, a friendly crowd, BUT we were definitely charged the "tourist price" when it came to ordering drinks... a vodka tonic for $17 pesos!?!
It was a very fun night anyway. It ended in perfect Latin American style, with a guy from Costa Rica telling me and Angie that he was really un buen chico and we should let the other Swedish girl, Elly, go home with him - while he put a hand on our asses. Ah...

On another, totally unrelated, note: We went to the Rose Garden in Parque 3 de Febrero yesterday and it was AMAZING. So beautiful and serene. Sweet old couples sharing mate, teenagers kissing, dogs, babies, paddleboats and of course breathtaking roses. It was lovely.
It immediately brought out the little girl's wedding fantasy I didn't know I had and unconsciously the thought popped into my head " I want to get married here!"


No hay comentarios.: