viernes, 26 de octubre de 2007

Ride Of My Life

Last night, we celebrated Sarah's birthday. We began the night at our friends hostel, drinking and sharing travel stories with other wanderers such as ourselves. At the stroke of midnight we all sang happy birthday in at least three different languages. I made a speech too. Something about how I've known Sarah since we were 12 and how she's becoming a woman.

Sarah had ganas to dance to some hip-hop at a club, and so, our adventure unfolded. Our crew (me, Sarah, the three Swedish ladies, Julia, and a gang of five Swedish dudes) caught taxis all the way out to Puerto Madero, to go to Asia de Cuba club. Unfortunately, the entry was like $50 so we all vetoed that idea, and instead headed back over to Palermo to check out hip-hop night at Lost (Club Araoz). We hailed three taxis, Julia (in her fabulous Spanish) instructed all three drivers on how to get there, we split up and hopped on in. Thus began the ride of our lives.

We sped off into the Buenos Aires night--I think I had Ellie, Sarah, and Julia in my cab, but I was squished in the front and couldn't turn all the way around to see. The driver, in celebration of Sarah's birthday asked us if we liked to sing. Of course, we said. So, he deejayed the best cab ride of my life. We were singing "I can't get no satisfaction, no no no" at the top of our lungs, dancing and waving around, and each time we pulled up to a light, alongside our compatriots in their own cabs, we would roll down the windows and rock it, baby. We sang along to many greats, including Superfreak, I Will Survive, Sex Machine, probably more. What a riot. All whilst driving 120 km down broad city streets. We brought the party with us, and that by far, was the greatest cab ride in my 23 years.

The rest of the night was a success too. Sarah got that craving for some rowdy hip-hop taken care of, and like every night here, it was unforgettable. Tonight, sushi?
Happy Birthday Sarah )

No hay comentarios.: