sábado, 3 de noviembre de 2007

Taxi Cab Confessions/ I heart Buenos Aires


Yes, we realize this is the third post in one day. But it can't be helped, because of the hilariousness of what just happened. After a totally unsuccessful attempt to find vegetarian restaurant Bio, we settled on panchos (hot dogs) and beer at Plaza Serrano. We were going to a bar later so we hailed a taxi back home to get ready. There begins the adventure. The taxi driver was playing lovely tango music and immediately struck up a conversation. I'll translate:

Taxi Driver: "Are you boyfriend & girlfriend?"
Me and Will: "Oh, no, no..."
Taxi Driver: "Oh, husband and wife?"
Me & Will: "No no no, just friends! Just friends."
Taxi Driver: "Are all the girls in the United States so pretty?"
Will: "Yes, always."

A few minutes later...

Taxi Driver (to me): "You're very beautiful... you remind me of my daughter. I also have a son. He has nice clear eyes like you. He's an engineer here and has a job at a very important company. Give me your number, I'll give it to him. He's a very good boy."

Taxi Driver (to Will): "And you... He'll invite you to a party."

Well, it actually ended with me giving the taxi driver my email address to give to his son. That guy had some game!!!

It made up for the bad time we had earlier with a different taxi driver and definitely made my night. Only in Argentina.

Will wants to make sure I don't end the post without expressing his undying love for Super Panchos. So there it is.

4 comentarios:

Marce dijo...
Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.
Marce dijo...

oh yeah, there´s everything in the taxi experience here! About not finding Bio, how did that happen? it is right in the corner! If you haven´t heard about Guia Oleo, it is my BA-native duty to inform you to check it out, this is the entry for Bio http://www.guiaoleo.com.ar/detail.php?ID=539
I went a month or two ago and loved it, so I´d definitely recommend it.

sarah dijo...

Thanks for letting us know about Guia Oleo!!! Buenissimo.
As for Bio... we've tried to go there before & always fail to actually make it there for some reason or another... maybe it's just our destiny to never go to Bio in Buenos Aires!
But we'll keep trying.
Beso!

Cristian Andrés Mariani dijo...

I just can't stop reading this! haa.. is really interesting read about how a foreign describe my country