miércoles, 12 de diciembre de 2007

La Esquina de las Flores

Sorry we haven't been writing much lately - Will is in Peru and will soon be returning home to the United States, and I'm finishing up my last few days of TEFL madness.
One of the perks of my TEFL course is its location, just a few blocks from a very nice vegetarian restaurant called La Esquina de las Flores. My diet of jamón, pizza, and cocktails was starting to wear on me, and while I'm not usually that into vegetarian/ vegan restaurants at home, I decided to give Esquina de las Flores a try.
It's a combination health food store/ cafeteria-style restaurant on the first floor and if you head up the turquoise stairs, you'll find a sit-down restaurant. It's a couple more pesos to eat upstairs but there are a lot more options and the seating is less crowded. They have whole wheat pasta, pizza, and empanadas, huge salads, and various casseroles and other dishes made with lentils, quinoa, red beans, etc. The pumpkin & soy cheese ravioli is amazing. And, it's not vegan, so you can get dishes with real cheese. (This is an Argentine restaurant after all, there has to be some kind of cow product on the menu.)
I didn't think this kind of food existed in Argentina but it does, and it's soooo good. You can also eat there even if you are relatively broke, like me. It'll be $10 to $15 pesos for a meal with a side salad and a drink.
Y fijate, this is the Esquina de las Flores at Córdoba 1587 (in Tribunales), not the one on Gurruchaga in Palermo. I've heard bad things about that one, but the one on Córdoba is fantastic if you're craving fresh veggies & healthy versions of all your favorite Argie foods.
Vegetarian food still not your thing? Then go there for the cute waiters.
¡Buen provecho!

1 comentario:

Unknown dijo...

Glad to read your new post. I still look forward to reading about your life in BA even if Will isn't there with you or posting. BY the way, I passed on your blog address to Marcella, at Cornell school. She is is from Mar de Plata, Argentina, which she is is a destination beach town about 4 hours away from BA.I teach her adorable daughter ELL (English Language development) each day. I wish I could do some TEFL training! Take care and keep Blogging,cause I'm reading.

Amy

Best, Amy