martes, 25 de diciembre de 2007

¡Felices Fiestas!

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to Everyone! Christmas in Argentina isn't exactly like Christmas at home, in place of snow and carolers there are huge parties that last from the night of Christmas Eve through till Christmas morning, cumbia and reggaeton blasting all night long and millions of fireworks, firecrackers, and little floating lanterns made from putting candles in brown paper bags that people throw off the rooftops of their apartment buildings. The view from my apt. balcony of fireworks exploding all over the city was beautiful!! So much love and best wishes to everyone, and don't be too jealous of the sunshine and incessant partying down here, a lot of us expats are missing the snow!

Besos!

2 comentarios:

Marce dijo...

oh my god, I´m loving the view from your balcony! I was in the suburbs at my parents´house so I didn´t get a general glimpse of the fireworks.
And by the way, if you were missing snow on Xmas eve, get ready for New Year´s Eve, because it´s bound to be hot hot hot. Anyways, happy holidays! :)

sarah dijo...

happy holidays!! well I have to admit, that picture isn't actually from my balcony, in fact it's Calafate, not Buenos Aires... I forgot to take pictures on the actual night so I had to turn to Google Images :)
But it did pretty much look just like that, just more buildings & fewer trees. It was AMAZING!!! Can't wait for new year's.

Besos!