jueves, 16 de octubre de 2008

Back in the U.S.S.A.

I miss: the beautiful blue Argentine skies, the way the city always smelled like asado and jasmine, the subte & the buses, sitting in a cafe for hours and hours, the constant noise and energy, walking everywhere, the pretty porteño accent, getting into funny conversations with strangers all the time, getting home at sunrise, 6 peso vodka, alfajores, my students, my friends, everything...
I love about being home: drivers that aren't actively trying to kill every pedestrian they see and that stop to let you cross the street, ellipticals at the gym, mexican food, family, friends, my dog, zero humidity even on hot days, the Barack Obama sign on every house & car where I live, how cheap restaurants & grocery stores are compared to BA, soy milk, and a million other things.

Thanks to everyone for reading this whole time! I haven't decided if I'll keep writing, since it won't really be the Buenos Diaries anymore. But keep checking back. Besos to all.
xx

6 comentarios:

Gilgalad dijo...

keep writing please. Además si la economía cae en recesión, vas a volver pronto con perro y todo!

sarah dijo...

aww thanks. i will try to keep writing.

and ohhh espero que la economia no caiga en recesion, pero vamos a ver... de todas formas me encantaria volver.

xx

Frantor dijo...

Hey Sarah, found this by accident while looking why argentineans eat ñoquis on the 29th each month and really liked it.
I'm an argie living in Ireland and gotta say absolutely loved the way you wrote about the city and how those small silly things (eg: stairs vs lifts) called your attention & made you feel.
Such a pity you are abck in the US now but anyways looks like you quite enjoyed your time there,
hope you keeping well :-)

Fran

Anónimo dijo...

hot young japanese lesbians gorgeous college lesbians cheerleader seduced by a lesbian hot lesbians gallery pictures could i be a lesbian indian lesbian pictures lesbian campers abduct girl

Anónimo dijo...

Hello everyone!
I would like to burn a theme at this forum. There is such a nicey, called HYIP, or High Yield Investment Program. It reminds of financial piramyde, but in rare cases one may happen to meet a company that really pays up to 2% daily not on invested money, but from real profits.

For several years , I earn money with the help of these programs.
I'm with no money problems now, but there are heights that must be conquered . I get now up to 2G a day , and my first investment was 500 dollars only.
Right now, I managed to catch a guaranteed variant to make a sharp rise . Turn to my blog to get additional info.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

Anónimo dijo...

For full-time employees only and typically used for. Find out how to get a free quote.