domingo, 2 de marzo de 2008

Heavens to Betsy!

Oh my goodness, boys and girls, it's finally happened. After nearly 5 months in Buenos Aires, I've reached that illusive and yet not-quite-desirable landmark in the life of someone living in a foreign country: when you begin to accidentally run into people you don't want to see. Last night it was appropriately nicknamed Bad Hookup Guy, at an undisclosed location in Palermo Hollywood. His friend was cute, but as la otra Sarah pointed out, he is still Bad Hookup Friend. Anyway, he was nice, I was nice, it was fine. Let it be said that he is actually quite a nice, easy-going guy, and not the "call you 18 times in one half hour" variety of porteño, either. (Oh, you say that doesn't really happen, but believe me, it does.)
Does this mean I'm putting down raíces and becoming a real resident of the city (despite my official visa category being "transitory/temporary")? Or could it be a sign that it's time for me to pack my bags and go?

No hay comentarios.: