lunes, 17 de marzo de 2008

Chicken noodle soup

I need some. I have the stomach flu, on St. Patrick's Day. Where is my luck of the Irish?? Or 1/8 Irish to be exact. It's hard not to whine when I should be out on Reconquista (BA's St. Patty's street party), not cooped up inside my apartment trying to decide if my stomach can handle plain white rice. I'm missing out on tacky green clothing, face paint shamrocks, green Guinness and lime jello shots... Woe is me. My only comfort is that I was actually here on St. Patrick's day last year, so I have already experienced the Reconquista/Kilkenny madness firsthand.
But it still sucks bigtime, and I feel horrible, and have to deal with rescheduling all my classes which is a nightmare given the 3 national holidays in the next week...
And I'm done. Sorry about the complaining. It's easy to be an optimistic independent expat most of the time, and then you have the stomach flu and are suddenly about 5 years old and really want to not have to deal with things in a foreign language and just to lie in bed and have your mom bring you flat ginger ale and gatorade and homemade chicken noodle soup. Because honestly, chicken noodle soup isn't really the same if you make it for yourself.

2 comentarios:

Gilgalad dijo...

Nice post. Last line: "Because honestly, chicken noodle soup isn't really the same if you make it for yourself" should be the final end of a good poem. You should try.

Hope you get well.

Regards.

sarah dijo...

what a sweet comment, thank you! i will try. y siento mucho mejor, gracias :)