lunes, 28 de julio de 2008

Talento Argentino

Talento Argentino may be the greatest show of our time. I've never watched America's Got Talent, but I can't imagine that it holds a candle to the Argentine version. I searched youtube for a video of the guy to the left, "El Rey," but unfortunately couldn't find one. All I can tell you is that I laughed until I cried. And well, I do that pretty often, but everyone else I was with laughed until they cried as well. Judge Catherine (below) was obviously moved to tears as well. But not by El Rey - by a group of breakdancing kids from the street. South America really does silly reality tv shows a lot better than the United States. We have a lot of trashy shows about famous-for-being-famous people where nothing happens (The Hills/Girls Next Door*) while South America has a lot of shows that just make absolutely no sense, but in a completely awesome and unapologetic way. There is usually some vague gameshow premise, but, in addition to the host, there will also be, like, a random guy in a full-size panda suit, a male model wearing tiny tightie-whities, a squirrel, and a geisha wandering around, or possibly dancing. Or a guy with a comb-over dressed in a hot pink unitard with huge fake boobs stuffed into the chest (picture the Principal in Billy Madison.) I'm not making any of that up, I saw all of those things on one show alone last night. And then they all jump into a swimming pool at the end. Amazing.
*That doesn't mean I don't watch The Hills & The Girls Next Door. Holly's my favorite.
**(both photos from talentosargentinos.com)

1 comentario:

Anónimo dijo...

Por favor no hacer Hotlinking a mis imagenes, por favor mostrar fuentes (talentosargentinos.com) Gracias